YCM EXPLORER AWARDS
As part of the 4th Monaco Ocean Week taking place 23-28 March 2020, the Yacht Club de Monaco is organising a double event on Thursday 26th March 2020 dedicated to luxury yachting, in particular yachts that can be classed as Explorers.
- The 10th La Belle Classe Superyachts Environmental Symposium: a full day of talks and debates for owners and captains on the theme: Exploration: The Essence of Yachting, and presentation of a new environmental index towards a sustainable yachting future.
- The YCM Explorer Awards by La Belle Classe Superyachts, under the presidency of HSH Prince Albert II. The deadline for submitting nominations is 1st March 2020.
Launched in 2018, the YCM Explorer Awards by La Belle Classe Superyachts recognise owners who have distinguished themselves by their commitment to protecting the marine environment, be it as a result of their yacht’s design or navigations.
Chaired by South African explorer Mike Horn, an international jury of experts in this field will be taking into account six key criteria:
- Navigations in regions with little or no traffic, even hostile areas;
- Explorations for the benefit of the international scientific community for better knowledge of the marine environment;
- Actions to preserve the Ocean and its biodiversity;
- Maritime adventures that command respect and admiration for those involved;
- Expeditions which generate a sharing of emotion and transmission of experience to the widest possible international audience;
- Nautical actions that promote the Yacht Club de Monaco’s fundamental maritime, environmental and technological values.
THURSDAY 26th MARCH 2020
9.00am – 4.00pm: 10th LA BELLE CLASSE SUPERYACHTS ENVIRONMENTAL SYMPOSIUM: “YACHTING WITH SENSE”
Registration required (email@example.com)
Conferences in english only:
9.00am – 9.30am – The new frontier for 21st century Explorers
7.00pm: YCM EXPLORER AWARDS BY LA BELLE CLASSE SUPERYACHTS